This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

EUR ING Application via 5.4b Special Cases

Hi All,

I had read through the EUR ING application guide and found on section 5.4b Special Cases as below:

"There are cases where the professional engineering performance required for registration has been developed on the basis of a type of education not covered by 5.3 and 5.4a). This case also applies for applicants whose education took place in the FEANI area (=FEANI member countries) but with programmes that are not listed in the FEANI INDEX. Nevertheless it is possible to consider such alternative routes. Very strict procedures, however, have then to be followed, (see 7.1), and the applicant must have at least 15 years of Professional Engineering Experience recognized by FEANI: 15E"

https://www.feani.org/sites/default/files/Guide_to_the_Register_FINAL_approved_GA_2013.pdf

Based on the above, possible for an IEng with more than 15 years of professional engineering experience to apply for this route? If yes, why EC / IET never promote this route for senior IEng?

Like to hear other opinion regarding this?

Thanks,
Parents

• Cheong Tsoi:

Just another thought, maybe not relevant to this topic....

Are you guys printing all the titles/qualifications you have on your name cards?

One of my superior who is a highly qualified engineer, but did not print any of his titles/qualifications on his name card....

Based on his example, I just print one qualification in my name card.....

My company limits what I'm allowed to add, therefore I keep it to what I feel is the important one, which is my CEng.

On a similar note, occasionally you do come across someone who seems to have made it their life's work to collect as many titles and post-nominal letters as there seem to be.  I don't believe it really helps with employability.

I looked at Eur Ing some years ago, but didn't go down that route because it looked like it was just another British qualification and not widely respected in Europe (despite it's name).  Certainly the majority of holders of the qualification were from UK based institutions.  Has that changed over the last 10 years?

• Cheong Tsoi:

Just another thought, maybe not relevant to this topic....

Are you guys printing all the titles/qualifications you have on your name cards?

One of my superior who is a highly qualified engineer, but did not print any of his titles/qualifications on his name card....

Based on his example, I just print one qualification in my name card.....

My company limits what I'm allowed to add, therefore I keep it to what I feel is the important one, which is my CEng.

On a similar note, occasionally you do come across someone who seems to have made it their life's work to collect as many titles and post-nominal letters as there seem to be.  I don't believe it really helps with employability.

I looked at Eur Ing some years ago, but didn't go down that route because it looked like it was just another British qualification and not widely respected in Europe (despite it's name).  Certainly the majority of holders of the qualification were from UK based institutions.  Has that changed over the last 10 years?

Children
No Data