This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

EUR ING Application via 5.4b Special Cases

Hi All,

I had read through the EUR ING application guide and found on section 5.4b Special Cases as below:

"There are cases where the professional engineering performance required for registration has been developed on the basis of a type of education not covered by 5.3 and 5.4a). This case also applies for applicants whose education took place in the FEANI area (=FEANI member countries) but with programmes that are not listed in the FEANI INDEX. Nevertheless it is possible to consider such alternative routes. Very strict procedures, however, have then to be followed, (see 7.1), and the applicant must have at least 15 years of Professional Engineering Experience recognized by FEANI: 15E"

https://www.feani.org/sites/default/files/Guide_to_the_Register_FINAL_approved_GA_2013.pdf

Based on the above, possible for an IEng with more than 15 years of professional engineering experience to apply for this route? If yes, why EC / IET never promote this route for senior IEng?

Like to hear other opinion regarding this?

Thanks,
Parents
  • Yes Andy, before my long term health issue, I too had C.Mgr,  C.Eng, FCMI, MIET, MIRSE.  As I understand that the protocol is that the most senior should come first, that dictated the order., They were all highly relevant to what I did given that I provided engineering consultancy across all sectors, but with a special focus on rail, but was also Professional Head, and also provided Management Consultancy. So I did use them all, but used to feel a sense of embarrassment when I used my business card. In other communications, I used to select only those relevant to the context. 

Eventually, I started carrying multiple business cards so that I could use one focused on the context. 

Because my C.Mgr, and my memberships of IRSE & CMI lapsed when I had my health break, given that I thought I was finished for life (thankfully I was wrong!), when I resumed work, 6 years later, I only had C.Eng and MIET, and in the work I've done since, these are the only ones relevant, so I've not pursued resurrecting the others. That has made life much simpler! 

As for business cards, absolutely Andy, I used to carry a business card portfolio in my briefcase (another thing that's in the past) and consulted it regularly, but that's now replaced (as is so much) by the phone. I  don't have them myself, these days, and when people give me theirs, I frankly don't know what to do with them, especially when I already have their contact details in my phone. It feels superfluous. I accept them out of courtesy. If I don't already have the contact details on my phone,  I enter them if I think I'm likely to contact them again. And then...... well, I somehow can't discard them as it feels discourteous (which is daft, I know), so they end up in a general pile that, realistically, is just junk.
  • Yes Andy, before my long term health issue, I too had C.Mgr,  C.Eng, FCMI, MIET, MIRSE.  As I understand that the protocol is that the most senior should come first, that dictated the order., They were all highly relevant to what I did given that I provided engineering consultancy across all sectors, but with a special focus on rail, but was also Professional Head, and also provided Management Consultancy. So I did use them all, but used to feel a sense of embarrassment when I used my business card. In other communications, I used to select only those relevant to the context. 

Eventually, I started carrying multiple business cards so that I could use one focused on the context. 

Because my C.Mgr, and my memberships of IRSE & CMI lapsed when I had my health break, given that I thought I was finished for life (thankfully I was wrong!), when I resumed work, 6 years later, I only had C.Eng and MIET, and in the work I've done since, these are the only ones relevant, so I've not pursued resurrecting the others. That has made life much simpler! 

As for business cards, absolutely Andy, I used to carry a business card portfolio in my briefcase (another thing that's in the past) and consulted it regularly, but that's now replaced (as is so much) by the phone. I  don't have them myself, these days, and when people give me theirs, I frankly don't know what to do with them, especially when I already have their contact details in my phone. It feels superfluous. I accept them out of courtesy. If I don't already have the contact details on my phone,  I enter them if I think I'm likely to contact them again. And then...... well, I somehow can't discard them as it feels discourteous (which is daft, I know), so they end up in a general pile that, realistically, is just junk.
Children
No Data