This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

"Average salaries are higher among professionally registered engineers in all areas of industry, according to a 2018 Salary Survey produced by The Engineer. The mean average salary among professionally registered respondents was over £8,000 a year higher."

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/professional-registration-engineer-salary/

Salary survey here

Moshe Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Parents

• Lee Berrey:

Their may be no direct evidence that EC registration gets you a higher pay, but I personally believe your better off with it than without it when fighting for a higher pay.

I forgot to add - I think this sentence is really well put! And also probably true for getting your CV through the sorting stage.

And although I have come across recruiting managers that really don't like to see it (the ones that see us all as old-boys-club stick-in-the-muds who should be pensioned off) I don't think even they would actually reject a good CV which had CEng / IEng on. So on balance my feeling it's either going to help (possibly quite a lot) or be neutral.

Any more stories / experiences from anyone would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Andy

• Lee Berrey:

Their may be no direct evidence that EC registration gets you a higher pay, but I personally believe your better off with it than without it when fighting for a higher pay.

I forgot to add - I think this sentence is really well put! And also probably true for getting your CV through the sorting stage.

And although I have come across recruiting managers that really don't like to see it (the ones that see us all as old-boys-club stick-in-the-muds who should be pensioned off) I don't think even they would actually reject a good CV which had CEng / IEng on. So on balance my feeling it's either going to help (possibly quite a lot) or be neutral.

Any more stories / experiences from anyone would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Andy

Children
No Data