This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

"Average salaries are higher among professionally registered engineers in all areas of industry, according to a 2018 Salary Survey produced by The Engineer. The mean average salary among professionally registered respondents was over £8,000 a year higher."

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/professional-registration-engineer-salary/

Salary survey here

Moshe Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Parents
  • Andy,

Not really my experience but something I heard back in the dim and distant past when I was newly Chartered, where one CEng wrote in (I can't remember where to now) that he had stopped putting CEng on his CV when applying for jobs because the prospective employers assumed his salary expectations would be higher than for a non-Chartered Engineer, significantly reducing his chance of getting to interview. Same issue in relation to earnings but the opposite result in terms of "employability".

Alasdair
  • Andy,

Not really my experience but something I heard back in the dim and distant past when I was newly Chartered, where one CEng wrote in (I can't remember where to now) that he had stopped putting CEng on his CV when applying for jobs because the prospective employers assumed his salary expectations would be higher than for a non-Chartered Engineer, significantly reducing his chance of getting to interview. Same issue in relation to earnings but the opposite result in terms of "employability".

Alasdair
Children
No Data