This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

"Average salaries are higher among professionally registered engineers in all areas of industry, according to a 2018 Salary Survey produced by The Engineer. The mean average salary among professionally registered respondents was over £8,000 a year higher."

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/professional-registration-engineer-salary/

Salary survey here

Moshe Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Maybe its just a UK thing, but I've never understood the "old boys club" viewpoint.

Here in Gibraltar, it seems genuinely desirable (hence my previous comment on salary differences). I've seen it as a bit of a saviour one respect.

As I only have a HND, that alone I've seen is looked down upon - despite the fact part of my job is to review and correct the numerous errors made in designs by people with BEng's (including the company I spoke about before, ironically). I view the IEng as a bit of a saviour in the sense its a sort of 3rd party accreditation and confirmation that your knowledge and experience is to BEng level or above. I don't have the time to do a top-up course to BEng, so obtaining IEng is a much more convenient (if not preferable) thing to obtain.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Maybe its just a UK thing, but I've never understood the "old boys club" viewpoint.

Here in Gibraltar, it seems genuinely desirable (hence my previous comment on salary differences). I've seen it as a bit of a saviour one respect.

As I only have a HND, that alone I've seen is looked down upon - despite the fact part of my job is to review and correct the numerous errors made in designs by people with BEng's (including the company I spoke about before, ironically). I view the IEng as a bit of a saviour in the sense its a sort of 3rd party accreditation and confirmation that your knowledge and experience is to BEng level or above. I don't have the time to do a top-up course to BEng, so obtaining IEng is a much more convenient (if not preferable) thing to obtain.
Children
No Data