This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

"Average salaries are higher among professionally registered engineers in all areas of industry, according to a 2018 Salary Survey produced by The Engineer. The mean average salary among professionally registered respondents was over £8,000 a year higher."

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/professional-registration-engineer-salary/

Salary survey here

Moshe Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I've always wondered what the average age of someone obtaining IEng was, and im surprised to see its out numbered against CEng by such a large scale - I assumed most would go from one to the other after additional experience/promotions had been obtained after IEng.

On of the things I found when research IEng and CEng etc, was the lack of clarity as to what exactly difference was beyond academic requirements. I could only come to conclusion it was down to experience in senior roles, such as management.

Also, I have to ask. What is an "apprentice degree"? I've always known the two to be two different things.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I've always wondered what the average age of someone obtaining IEng was, and im surprised to see its out numbered against CEng by such a large scale - I assumed most would go from one to the other after additional experience/promotions had been obtained after IEng.

On of the things I found when research IEng and CEng etc, was the lack of clarity as to what exactly difference was beyond academic requirements. I could only come to conclusion it was down to experience in senior roles, such as management.

Also, I have to ask. What is an "apprentice degree"? I've always known the two to be two different things.
Children
No Data