This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Professionally registered engineers report higher earnings

"Average salaries are higher among professionally registered engineers in all areas of industry, according to a 2018 Salary Survey produced by The Engineer. The mean average salary among professionally registered respondents was over £8,000 a year higher."

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/professional-registration-engineer-salary/

Salary survey here

Moshe Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Parents
  • Alasdair,

i concur entirely, and that was the reason i took exception to certain posts that stated it as a definite fact, making assumptions about people's motivations, and worse still, propagating the myth with the result of fewer younger engineers pursuing membership or registration, and so creating a self fulfilling prophecy in respect to the age profile, though still maligning the motivation. 

However, Lee's post prodded my memory to the only occasion I've encountered it, and that was associated with a particular employment environment, not the institute itself.

Regarding the cost thing, I wasn't necessarily trying to promote a distinction between levels of registration per se, though I don't personally believe there's anything won't with distinguishing between levels of responsibility and practice that individuals have demonstrated they are able to operate at - it's natural career progression - but my point was that we need to discourage employers from seeing selection criteria that exceed the needs of the role - the automatic selection of C.Eng as the criterion when I.Eng would be perfectly suitable.
  • Alasdair,

i concur entirely, and that was the reason i took exception to certain posts that stated it as a definite fact, making assumptions about people's motivations, and worse still, propagating the myth with the result of fewer younger engineers pursuing membership or registration, and so creating a self fulfilling prophecy in respect to the age profile, though still maligning the motivation. 

However, Lee's post prodded my memory to the only occasion I've encountered it, and that was associated with a particular employment environment, not the institute itself.

Regarding the cost thing, I wasn't necessarily trying to promote a distinction between levels of registration per se, though I don't personally believe there's anything won't with distinguishing between levels of responsibility and practice that individuals have demonstrated they are able to operate at - it's natural career progression - but my point was that we need to discourage employers from seeing selection criteria that exceed the needs of the role - the automatic selection of C.Eng as the criterion when I.Eng would be perfectly suitable.
Children
No Data