This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

European recognition of Chartered Engineer Status

According to a bulletin issed by the European Commission (January 22 2018- Notice to Stakeholders)

'Authorized representatives or responsible people in the United Kingdom will not, as from the withdrawal date, be recognised as authorised representatives or responsible persons.....' . 

My question is as Chartered Engineers are essentially classed a 'Responsible People' will the withdrawal from EU rules mean that CEng will have to seek registration  as Eur Ing to work in or be recognized for work associated with Europe or Internationally.

Parents
  • With regards to John Mann's Comments and Alasdair Anderson reply. An Individual's Chartered Engineer Status is recommended by the institution to the Engineering Council. So both organization have a part to play in ascertaining the future of European recognition of CEng by FEANI. However it is my understanding that neither organization have made any public comments on the effects of BREXIT on registration , or the legal status of Engineers etc. Or if they have I have not seen it.

Alan Foxall CEng FIET

• With regards to John Mann's Comments and Alasdair Anderson reply. An Individual's Chartered Engineer Status is recommended by the institution to the Engineering Council. So both organization have a part to play in ascertaining the future of European recognition of CEng by FEANI. However it is my understanding that neither organization have made any public comments on the effects of BREXIT on registration , or the legal status of Engineers etc. Or if they have I have not seen it.

Alan Foxall CEng FIET

Children
No Data