This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day... Super Mario Bros. is launched!

On this day (September 13th) in 1985 the iconic Super Mario Brothers by Nintendo Entertainment Systems made their first appearance.

Which got me thinking...

Gaming has come such a long way in recent years but I still remember the first electronic game I played which was Atari's Pong back in the late 1970's. My favourite (and most addicted to cool) was Lemmings for the Commadore Amiga in the early 90's and then when smartphones came into being, I was one of the millions that downloaded the Angry Birds app (playing it endlessly on long flights or train journeys) and the mobile verson of Tetris (which I still play on occasion)

So tell me, what was your first computer game and what's your current or all time favourite? smiley

Parents
  • Ooh good question! 

I don't quite recall Pong, but I do remember playing Asteroids, Tetris, Lemmings, Super Mario Brothers and The Legend of Zelda (the latter two games when my brothers weren't around and I could get a look in!). 

I also played Snake on my first mobile phone which seems very dated now but was so addictive. These days I don't play so many games but I'm partial to Word games and I'm a tiny bit hooked on the new basketball game on Facebook's Messenger app! laugh
  • Ooh good question! 

I don't quite recall Pong, but I do remember playing Asteroids, Tetris, Lemmings, Super Mario Brothers and The Legend of Zelda (the latter two games when my brothers weren't around and I could get a look in!). 

I also played Snake on my first mobile phone which seems very dated now but was so addictive. These days I don't play so many games but I'm partial to Word games and I'm a tiny bit hooked on the new basketball game on Facebook's Messenger app! laugh
Children
No Data