This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day... Super Mario Bros. is launched!

On this day (September 13th) in 1985 the iconic Super Mario Brothers by Nintendo Entertainment Systems made their first appearance.

Which got me thinking...

Gaming has come such a long way in recent years but I still remember the first electronic game I played which was Atari's Pong back in the late 1970's. My favourite (and most addicted to cool) was Lemmings for the Commadore Amiga in the early 90's and then when smartphones came into being, I was one of the millions that downloaded the Angry Birds app (playing it endlessly on long flights or train journeys) and the mobile verson of Tetris (which I still play on occasion)

So tell me, what was your first computer game and what's your current or all time favourite? smiley

Parents
  • My first computer game or the first one I played?

My grandparents had an Atari 2600 with Pong and Space Invaders to keep us grand-children quiet.  In the mid-80's my parents brought a Philips Videopac, which has such gems as 'Crazy Chase', 'Satellite Attack' and 'Terrahawks'.

My first computer was a Apple Macintosh LC II/Performa 400 and I didn't have many games on it.  I did have Lemmings and a really excellent (and clever) game called Crystal Quest.  The other game I enjoyed playing was embedded within the screensaver, called Lunatic Fringe.

I recall at University someone installed DOOM on the computers in the engineering computer room and they where playing networked DOOM.  Something the admins got quite unhappy about.

But it was much later that I got my first games console, a PS1.  That introduced me to the Grand Turismo series of games (which I love to this day, despite it's faults).

These days?  I'm likely to fire up Minecraft and help my little one build things.  Or take a sports car for a spin in Grand Turismo.  The little one likes to blow up Worms.  I seldom play on the phone; all the games on that are used to keep the little one occupied!
  • My first computer game or the first one I played?

My grandparents had an Atari 2600 with Pong and Space Invaders to keep us grand-children quiet.  In the mid-80's my parents brought a Philips Videopac, which has such gems as 'Crazy Chase', 'Satellite Attack' and 'Terrahawks'.

My first computer was a Apple Macintosh LC II/Performa 400 and I didn't have many games on it.  I did have Lemmings and a really excellent (and clever) game called Crystal Quest.  The other game I enjoyed playing was embedded within the screensaver, called Lunatic Fringe.

I recall at University someone installed DOOM on the computers in the engineering computer room and they where playing networked DOOM.  Something the admins got quite unhappy about.

But it was much later that I got my first games console, a PS1.  That introduced me to the Grand Turismo series of games (which I love to this day, despite it's faults).

These days?  I'm likely to fire up Minecraft and help my little one build things.  Or take a sports car for a spin in Grand Turismo.  The little one likes to blow up Worms.  I seldom play on the phone; all the games on that are used to keep the little one occupied!
Children
No Data