This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day... Super Mario Bros. is launched!

On this day (September 13th) in 1985 the iconic Super Mario Brothers by Nintendo Entertainment Systems made their first appearance.

Which got me thinking...

Gaming has come such a long way in recent years but I still remember the first electronic game I played which was Atari's Pong back in the late 1970's. My favourite (and most addicted to cool) was Lemmings for the Commadore Amiga in the early 90's and then when smartphones came into being, I was one of the millions that downloaded the Angry Birds app (playing it endlessly on long flights or train journeys) and the mobile verson of Tetris (which I still play on occasion)

So tell me, what was your first computer game and what's your current or all time favourite? smiley

Parents
  • My youngest brother is a huge gamer and has probably had over the years nearly every type of games console ever made! 

I remember as a very young teen he wrote a new level for one of his favourite games and submitted it to the manufacturer. They wrote back to him and said to give them a call as they would be interested in giving him a job! It was in the USA though and he still had a few years to go at school...  I don't think they realised just how young he was at the time. laugh
  • My youngest brother is a huge gamer and has probably had over the years nearly every type of games console ever made! 

I remember as a very young teen he wrote a new level for one of his favourite games and submitted it to the manufacturer. They wrote back to him and said to give them a call as they would be interested in giving him a job! It was in the USA though and he still had a few years to go at school...  I don't think they realised just how young he was at the time. laugh
Children
No Data