This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Engineers of the Future Will Not Resemble the Engineers of the Past

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
https://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/at-work/education/the-engineers-of-the-future-will-not-resemble-the-engineers-of-the-past

This is dated  May 2017

I think it's relevant internationally even Engineering education and formation is different between countries.

I thought it would be good to share it in this forum.

Moshe W  BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET
Parents
  • Andy and Roy,

I completely agree. I also remember the leisure time we were promised through automation, though I remember the promises being made in the seventies, but if you think about society you will realise it is here. It is not 'enjoyed' by everyone as some have to work full hours and others have plenty of leisure time (otherwise known as 'the unemployed'). It just shows the truth of the old saying "it is very difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future!"

The investigations Roy mentions look fascinating - definitely an opportunity to gain an in depth insight into the problem.

Alasdair
  • Andy and Roy,

I completely agree. I also remember the leisure time we were promised through automation, though I remember the promises being made in the seventies, but if you think about society you will realise it is here. It is not 'enjoyed' by everyone as some have to work full hours and others have plenty of leisure time (otherwise known as 'the unemployed'). It just shows the truth of the old saying "it is very difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future!"

The investigations Roy mentions look fascinating - definitely an opportunity to gain an in depth insight into the problem.

Alasdair
Children
No Data