This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Engineers of the Future Will Not Resemble the Engineers of the Past

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
https://spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/at-work/education/the-engineers-of-the-future-will-not-resemble-the-engineers-of-the-past

This is dated  May 2017

I think it's relevant internationally even Engineering education and formation is different between countries.

I thought it would be good to share it in this forum.

Moshe W  BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET
Parents
  • Andy,

Yes indeed, one of the really good parts of what I'm doing currently is that, when we say Customer Information System, we really mean the whole system for imparting information to customers, including wayfinding, signage - just about anything that plays a part in it, not just the standard dot matrix displays we all know and either love or hate. Providing the bean counters don't deny us the funding, you can look forward to dynamic diplays and a system that's based on understanding what information people need at various points on their journey through the station.

Birmingham New Street is another issue altogether and i really feel that, whilst fabulous as a shopping mall and architecturally, it definitely doesn't serve rail travelers well at all. But that's a subject for a chat when we next see each other!
  • Andy,

Yes indeed, one of the really good parts of what I'm doing currently is that, when we say Customer Information System, we really mean the whole system for imparting information to customers, including wayfinding, signage - just about anything that plays a part in it, not just the standard dot matrix displays we all know and either love or hate. Providing the bean counters don't deny us the funding, you can look forward to dynamic diplays and a system that's based on understanding what information people need at various points on their journey through the station.

Birmingham New Street is another issue altogether and i really feel that, whilst fabulous as a shopping mall and architecturally, it definitely doesn't serve rail travelers well at all. But that's a subject for a chat when we next see each other!
Children
No Data