This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

University in need of repair

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/09/15/rebuilding-british-higher-educations-most-unusual-institution

Rebuilding British higher education’s most unusual institution .

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    The days that nontraditional education providers had a unique nitch are (almost) gone. Major name recognized universities offering distance learning degrees, be it on campus, sandwich or 100% by Dl.

Also, global education providers entered the scene a long time ago. When my wife was looking for Masters in Social Work, for example, there was almost 0 option for doing it by Dl, maybe evening classes at selected universities.  Today a major top-tier university offers MSW degree 100% online, USC is one such university.

For persons with limited funds UNISA, for example, offers undergraduate, graduate etc degree for something like 1200 BP a year. Not a prestigious but recognized degree thought in English.

So in my humble opinion, OU faces a serious "competition" and needs to come up with a model that benefits the students, graduates and attracts them to OU.

M.W   BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    The days that nontraditional education providers had a unique nitch are (almost) gone. Major name recognized universities offering distance learning degrees, be it on campus, sandwich or 100% by Dl.

Also, global education providers entered the scene a long time ago. When my wife was looking for Masters in Social Work, for example, there was almost 0 option for doing it by Dl, maybe evening classes at selected universities.  Today a major top-tier university offers MSW degree 100% online, USC is one such university.

For persons with limited funds UNISA, for example, offers undergraduate, graduate etc degree for something like 1200 BP a year. Not a prestigious but recognized degree thought in English.

So in my humble opinion, OU faces a serious "competition" and needs to come up with a model that benefits the students, graduates and attracts them to OU.

M.W   BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET
Children
No Data