This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

University in need of repair

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/09/15/rebuilding-british-higher-educations-most-unusual-institution

Rebuilding British higher education’s most unusual institution .

Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Roy,

I think the Nano-Degree concept or the MicroMasters, MasterTrak certificates all appear to be rebranded multi-course certificates, graduate certificates, postgraduate certificates etc.

Some are academic credit eligible with up to 25% of a masters degree at participating university, or 9  credits out of 36 credits in the typical US Masters degree program.

In recent years there is a demand for specialized credentials that can lead to employment.

in the US I heard this term a few years ago from a company called UDACITY. They formed partnerships with Google, Amazon, IBM etc

There is a demand for 100% online credential with real-world projects that are Industry-designed, reviewed by experts and good for the portfolio.

For some people, it's a career jumpstart or switches in career or aid etc.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Roy,

I think the Nano-Degree concept or the MicroMasters, MasterTrak certificates all appear to be rebranded multi-course certificates, graduate certificates, postgraduate certificates etc.

Some are academic credit eligible with up to 25% of a masters degree at participating university, or 9  credits out of 36 credits in the typical US Masters degree program.

In recent years there is a demand for specialized credentials that can lead to employment.

in the US I heard this term a few years ago from a company called UDACITY. They formed partnerships with Google, Amazon, IBM etc

There is a demand for 100% online credential with real-world projects that are Industry-designed, reviewed by experts and good for the portfolio.

For some people, it's a career jumpstart or switches in career or aid etc.

Children
No Data