This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

And the first music CD you bought was by...?

On this day in 1982 Sony launched the first CD player for the consumer market. I think many of us remember a time before the CD player and some of us may even still have our vinyl collection stashed away in the attic (although I understand that Vinyl has been making a bit of a comeback recently so I'm hopeful of being able to play mine again sometime soon... smiley). 

I bought my very first CD player in 1986 after I'd left school and started work and saved enough money to buy my very own. It wasn't a Sony though. Instead I bought a Pioneer music stack system that had a tape deck, FM radio and a 6 CD multi-changer!  The ultimate in technology at the time... laugh 

So it got me thinking... Do you remember your very first CD player and what make was it? And what was the first music CD you bought too! 

My first music CD was Kick by INXS blush so I thought you may enjoy one of the tracks:

Parents
  • Up until about 1991 my entire music collection was on cassette tape and vinyl. Then in 1991 I entered the 20th Century - I went to Curry's and bought a  stack system (akai I think) that had a turntable on the top, a radio, a twin tape deck and a CD player. It came with three free CDs - and I remember being astounded at the sound quality. Wires everywhere... And the first CD I remember buying was a compilation - can't remember which one, but it'll still be in the cabinet at home - guess what I'll be doing later!

A lot of my early CDs were purloined by my oldest daughter - who has the same tastes in music as me, and decided that since I was lucky enough to have lived through the Oasis/Blur/Pulp era I could make do with the memories!
  • Up until about 1991 my entire music collection was on cassette tape and vinyl. Then in 1991 I entered the 20th Century - I went to Curry's and bought a  stack system (akai I think) that had a turntable on the top, a radio, a twin tape deck and a CD player. It came with three free CDs - and I remember being astounded at the sound quality. Wires everywhere... And the first CD I remember buying was a compilation - can't remember which one, but it'll still be in the cabinet at home - guess what I'll be doing later!

A lot of my early CDs were purloined by my oldest daughter - who has the same tastes in music as me, and decided that since I was lucky enough to have lived through the Oasis/Blur/Pulp era I could make do with the memories!
Children
No Data