This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Calvin Asks: How can I keep my daughter inspired in engineering subjects?

My daughter is 11 and loves all things STEM! However they don’t do a lot of science at school and I want to make sure she stays interested in the subject.

I am clueless about engineering and I was hoping to get some advice about interesting activities to inspire her.

I'm a single mum and money is tight, so big expensive things are out – any suggestions on what I can do?

Looking for inspiration - Brighton

Need advice but  too shy to ask? Have a question of a ‘sensitive’ nature and would prefer to remain anonymous? Need to get something off your chest but worried about the boss (or your colleagues) finding out? Then ‘Ask Calvin’ !  

Submit your questions confidentially to AskCalvin@theiet.org and Calvin will ask the community on your behalf to give you the anonymity you want to find the advice you need.

Parents
  • What an excellent idea Andy Millar‍ !

Mmmm.... has got me thinking..... I've been looking at overhauling the 'Reviews' feature on this community so we can use it more effectively. Unfortunately it's been going down the priority list and overtaken by more important and urgent matters but your idea is a definite use case for what I have in mind for the feature! I'll be in touch... wink
  • What an excellent idea Andy Millar‍ !

Mmmm.... has got me thinking..... I've been looking at overhauling the 'Reviews' feature on this community so we can use it more effectively. Unfortunately it's been going down the priority list and overtaken by more important and urgent matters but your idea is a definite use case for what I have in mind for the feature! I'll be in touch... wink
Children
No Data