This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Advice on getting a H1B visa to the US

Hey all,

Let me introduce myself; My name is Josh and I'm a self employed hardware engineer. I graduated from the University of Manchester with a Masters in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2015 and have been freelancing ever side.

One of my clients, a robotics company based in New York, has offered me a permanent position and sponsorship for H1B visa, and I'd very much like to take it!

However I'm a bit lost when it comes to the process and the nuances of it. Is there anyone here (or do you know anyone) who's been through the H1B visa as an engineer? Would they be willing to perhaps share their experiences to a fellow engineer?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Parents
  • Josh,

I moved across to California in 2002 on an L-1 visa which in due course I converted to a Green Card (permanent residency). My advice is that if you are open minded, like a challenge and open to new experiences then take the opportunity, you may decide that the US isn't for you in which case you can always come back and you will have international experience on your CV. 

Alternatively, you may find that it opens up a lot more opportunities for your career.

Richard
  • Josh,

I moved across to California in 2002 on an L-1 visa which in due course I converted to a Green Card (permanent residency). My advice is that if you are open minded, like a challenge and open to new experiences then take the opportunity, you may decide that the US isn't for you in which case you can always come back and you will have international experience on your CV. 

Alternatively, you may find that it opens up a lot more opportunities for your career.

Richard
Children
No Data