This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Light bulb working for 117 years

Just to brighten up a winter's Monday morning (for those of us in the Northern hemisphere), another thread on these forums has  just reminded me of this light bulb which has been lit for 117 years...there's even a live webcam so that you can check it's still alight smiley

http://www.centennialbulb.org/

I do like reliable technology...

Cheers,

Andy
Parents
  • I've mentioned this before somewhere, Thomas Edison's summer residence has a carbon lamp that has been continually running for about 60 odd years.

AFAIK.. LED indicator lamps have a MTBF of around 100k. Hrs. But then turning up the 'volume' reduces life expectancy to, as advertised, as 30k.hrs then 25k hrs and now anywhere between 10 and 3k hrs.
  • I've mentioned this before somewhere, Thomas Edison's summer residence has a carbon lamp that has been continually running for about 60 odd years.

AFAIK.. LED indicator lamps have a MTBF of around 100k. Hrs. But then turning up the 'volume' reduces life expectancy to, as advertised, as 30k.hrs then 25k hrs and now anywhere between 10 and 3k hrs.
Children
No Data