This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Why Doesn't Britain Have a Huauei of its own?

This was the headline in the Guardian Opinion section for May 8 th 2019 written by Aditya Chakrabortty.

To answer this question he examines the history of GEC after Arnold Weinstock left in 1996  and <quote> "all hell broke loose" with the appointment of George Simpson (an accountant), and John Mayo (from the Merchant Banking world).

Even companies outside of Britain (examples RCA and Westinghouse)  have been afflicted by the same upper management failures.

What does Britain have to do to create a business climate that will allow world class companies to thrive?

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
Parents
  • Hello Maurice:

I think you are 100 % correct.

From my perspective, I believe my favorite UK musical group " Peter Shop Boys " nailed it is 1987 with their song "Shopping". If you haven't ever listened to it or don't remember it, try youtube.com.

It is due to Politics (Parliament)  and money (The City banking system).

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
  • Hello Maurice:

I think you are 100 % correct.

From my perspective, I believe my favorite UK musical group " Peter Shop Boys " nailed it is 1987 with their song "Shopping". If you haven't ever listened to it or don't remember it, try youtube.com.

It is due to Politics (Parliament)  and money (The City banking system).

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
Children
No Data