This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Isolation requested

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good morning All, 

I need to understand something. 

I know the regulation request the isolation as requested for each electrical installations. 

In the scenario where I have the distribution board close to all the electrical equipment (same room)

and each line is separated and protected by their own MCB.

Do I need to install the isolator too? 

I can isolate every circuit directly from the DB?

Thank you and have a nice day
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thank you for your reply, but probably I have not been so clear as I thought.

I'm going to provide you with all the information. 

We are a company that installs ground source heat pump.

Usually, we install all our equipment in the same plant room and we provide our distribution board.

On the Distribution board there is the main isolator and after that, there are all the switches for every single equipment.  

What we normally do is to install an addiction rotary isolator between the MCB and the heat pump.

Is it really necessary?

Or we can isolate the heat pump directly on MCB?
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thank you for your reply, but probably I have not been so clear as I thought.

I'm going to provide you with all the information. 

We are a company that installs ground source heat pump.

Usually, we install all our equipment in the same plant room and we provide our distribution board.

On the Distribution board there is the main isolator and after that, there are all the switches for every single equipment.  

What we normally do is to install an addiction rotary isolator between the MCB and the heat pump.

Is it really necessary?

Or we can isolate the heat pump directly on MCB?
Children
No Data