This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Calvin Asks: Any tips for a mature student?

For a few years now I have been thinking about doing a degree in Biomedical Engineering. I already work in the field, but my lack of degree is making it harder to move onwards and upwards in my career. My employer is a small company and can’t (i.e. won't) help with financing so I would have to fund this myself, making it a huge investment.

Do you have any tips for a mature (ish) student about to take this big step?

No Degree - Dublin

Need advice but  too shy to ask? Have a question of a ‘sensitive’ nature and would prefer to remain anonymous? Need to get something off your chest but worried about the boss (or your colleagues) finding out? Then ‘Ask Calvin’ !  

Submit your questions confidentially to AskCalvin@theiet.org and Calvin will ask the community on your behalf to give you the anonymity you want to find the advice you need.

Parents
  • Transferable skills (immediate transfer, yes I agree, if in right industry). Agree again on KA Stroud for starters. For further Maths it will be Glyn James.

All the best

Former Mature Student (without any regrets)
  • Transferable skills (immediate transfer, yes I agree, if in right industry). Agree again on KA Stroud for starters. For further Maths it will be Glyn James.

All the best

Former Mature Student (without any regrets)
Children
No Data