This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

#OnThisDay in 1896.....

#OnThisDay in 1896: the Glasgow Subway opened. Keeping it simple for all these years allowing people not to get lost underground wink

7be76413b00cd95365bde5f0e32b3acf-huge-glasgow-subway.jpg

Parents
  • Love it! Reminds me of the time my grandma and six-year-old me missed our bus stop. I was most upset, but the wise old dear just sat tight - and about half an hour later we got off at the stop we'd just missed, having taken a wonderful mystery tour and seeing parts of the town I'd never seen before. Which I'm sure is why now, 45 years later, I'll never take a direct route if there's a scenic route instead!
  • Love it! Reminds me of the time my grandma and six-year-old me missed our bus stop. I was most upset, but the wise old dear just sat tight - and about half an hour later we got off at the stop we'd just missed, having taken a wonderful mystery tour and seeing parts of the town I'd never seen before. Which I'm sure is why now, 45 years later, I'll never take a direct route if there's a scenic route instead!
Children
No Data