This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

How to check the education criteria for Chartership (CEng) application?

Dear all,

I just joined in IET UK as MIET, but residing in Singapore, and would like to work toward CEng professional path.

However, I obtained my BEng (Hons) in Engineering (Electrical) from University of Malaya, Malaysia, with First Class honor result back in 2007. I did not pursue PHD study (eligible to study with 1st Class degree) due to personal matter, and started engineering works after graduation, until now, which already passed 11 years.

I was told I need a master degree in order to apply CEng, but not sure where the criteria was stated.

Can any of you enlighten me? I can be reached via whatapps +6597two two two395, if you wish to contact me directly.

TIA.

-Alex Quah
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Alex, there are multiple routes to registration as a CEng. There are routes to CEng registration that don't require Masters degree.

It would be beneficial for you to contact IET PRA - Professional Registration Advisor. PRA will provide you with guidance. 

You can go to IET and  EC UK Web site to read about registration requirements and the standards UK SPEC.

You can asses how your experience and work responsibilities, education etc match the UK SPEC for CEng.
    https://www.engc.org.uk/professional-registration/

Also, read the attached CEng eBook, page 5 is about the requirements.

Good luck!

MW

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Alex, there are multiple routes to registration as a CEng. There are routes to CEng registration that don't require Masters degree.

It would be beneficial for you to contact IET PRA - Professional Registration Advisor. PRA will provide you with guidance. 

You can go to IET and  EC UK Web site to read about registration requirements and the standards UK SPEC.

You can asses how your experience and work responsibilities, education etc match the UK SPEC for CEng.
    https://www.engc.org.uk/professional-registration/

Also, read the attached CEng eBook, page 5 is about the requirements.

Good luck!

MW

Children
No Data