This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Should British Steel be saved?

British Steel has now entered into insolvency. Should it be saved or not? Discuss.
Parents
  • A few weeks ago I went to South Wales to do a small electrical job and after I finished I called in at the Aberdulais tin plate works 

Tin plate was developed in South Wales in the 1800’s then in the 1890’s the Americans introduced tariffs to protect their own tin plate industry that had been built up using the Welsh technology, the introduction of the tariffs crippled the Welsh tin plate industry as it could no longer be exported to America at competitive prices.

Over a hundred years later we are being told the this country’s future lies with exporting to countries outside of the EU such as America, history may tell us that that is a fantasy.

Andy
  • A few weeks ago I went to South Wales to do a small electrical job and after I finished I called in at the Aberdulais tin plate works 

Tin plate was developed in South Wales in the 1800’s then in the 1890’s the Americans introduced tariffs to protect their own tin plate industry that had been built up using the Welsh technology, the introduction of the tariffs crippled the Welsh tin plate industry as it could no longer be exported to America at competitive prices.

Over a hundred years later we are being told the this country’s future lies with exporting to countries outside of the EU such as America, history may tell us that that is a fantasy.

Andy
Children
No Data