This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Airlander 10: World's longest aircraft to go into production and offer 'luxury expeditions'

The aircraft - which had a prototype dubbed the "flying bum" - hopes to take its first paying passengers in the early 2020s.

Great to see the press article below.

I have a list of aircraft that I'd like to fly on:
  • Concorde - sadly never to be realised, unless I settle for a static experience at Manchester Airport Viewing Park!

• Short Sunderland Flying Boat - is there one still flying?  There is a Sandringham flying boat in the excellent Solent Sky Museum in Southampton.

• Flying boat of any kind - if the above is no longer possible and at least I know there are lots of these in operation, although surely not as glamorous as  a Sunderland?

• Airship - with the recent announcement that Hybrid Air Vehicles are going into production with the Airlander 10 now being designed to offer luxury expeditions, perhaps that could be a reality, although there's no news yet on the ticket prices.  Might have to start saving now for several years time! 

I was just wondering what interesting aircraft other community members might have flown in?  Please share your experiences here.

Parents
  • We were offered the choice of the Hercules or the VC-10 for our air experience flights.  I thought the Hercules would be more interesting, which it certainly was, I don't think they did circuits and bumps in the airliner!  I've always like the take-off and landings and when the aircraft turns and the wings tip up.
  • We were offered the choice of the Hercules or the VC-10 for our air experience flights.  I thought the Hercules would be more interesting, which it certainly was, I don't think they did circuits and bumps in the airliner!  I've always like the take-off and landings and when the aircraft turns and the wings tip up.
Children
No Data