This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

RGE trip to full DNO supply

Hi all, Just after peoples thoughts on the following....

We are currently working on a scheme where our client is looking to install 2No. 2MWe RGE to offset the cost of the DNO supply. As part of a study we are conducting we are looking at how the system would react if the 2No. RGE's were to trip and the 4MWe load would be presented onto the DNO network which is already supplying a small portion of the sites demand.  Our aim is to confirm the main HV breakers do not trip or at what load share threshold they don't. 

We are conducting a load flow and fault level analysis using SKM PTW, but this only allows us to look at steady-state scenarios and not a live peak of supply demand. 

My first thoughts are that the HV breakers should be fine as the site will already be up and running i.e. no large motor loads starting or TX inrush, but just want to get other peoples thoughts on how they might approach the subject. 

Thanks
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello Jordan,

I would recomend using the SKM PTW program I*SIM to model the dynamics as you say you have one of the PTW Fault programs already?.  It also depends on what kind of trip you are talking about.  If it is a prime mover overload and the generator rundown energy is available, it will assist with preserving the DNO supply stability.

What kind of faults are you considering?

Kind Regards

Geoff MacAngus-Gerrard
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello Jordan,

I would recomend using the SKM PTW program I*SIM to model the dynamics as you say you have one of the PTW Fault programs already?.  It also depends on what kind of trip you are talking about.  If it is a prime mover overload and the generator rundown energy is available, it will assist with preserving the DNO supply stability.

What kind of faults are you considering?

Kind Regards

Geoff MacAngus-Gerrard
Children
No Data