This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

How to work out which capacitor I require to run a three phase motor from a single phase supply.

Hi I have a three phase motor that I wish to run from a single phase supply.

Does anyone know what the formula is for working out the correct capacitance.

Thank you

Daniel
Parents
  • I remember wiring motors on the bench at college, but have never put what I was taught into practice on a regular basis, it’s another of those things I know that I can fo, because I have done it, but would have to refresh my knowledge before proceeding. 

That borehole pump job job taught me I know enough to be able to tell the people who really know what they are doing from those who are winging it.

Andy
  • I remember wiring motors on the bench at college, but have never put what I was taught into practice on a regular basis, it’s another of those things I know that I can fo, because I have done it, but would have to refresh my knowledge before proceeding. 

That borehole pump job job taught me I know enough to be able to tell the people who really know what they are doing from those who are winging it.

Andy
Children
No Data