This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Free bus travel for all to help slash UK transport sector pollution?

Environmental campaigners have suggested that bus use should be made free to all to encourage less car use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

How realistic is that though? With many areas of the country with no (or very sporadic) bus service how can you really expect everyone to stop using their own personal transport options?
Parents
  • Well, don't stand/wait on your bicycle behind a bus when it starts off from a busstop as you'll get a lung full of diesel fume particulates.

May I suggest that we look at electrified trams. But then I 'm open to a diversity of energy supplies to maintain a level of independance and sel-sufficiency

Legh.
  • Well, don't stand/wait on your bicycle behind a bus when it starts off from a busstop as you'll get a lung full of diesel fume particulates.

May I suggest that we look at electrified trams. But then I 'm open to a diversity of energy supplies to maintain a level of independance and sel-sufficiency

Legh.
Children
No Data