This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Free bus travel for all to help slash UK transport sector pollution?

Environmental campaigners have suggested that bus use should be made free to all to encourage less car use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

How realistic is that though? With many areas of the country with no (or very sporadic) bus service how can you really expect everyone to stop using their own personal transport options?
Parents
  • I live in a village that is 2 miles from the nearest train station and only one bus that leaves at 8.30am to get to the train station (which means I'd miss the train that would get me to work on time anyway). There are no direct buses from my village to Stevenage, I'd have to go through various villages/towns and change multiple times etc. I could do it but it would take over 3 hours from leaving home to arrive at the office and there are no options at all for a return journey after 5pm.

Even if bus travel was free.... I think I'll keep my car thankyoumuchley... ? ?
  • I live in a village that is 2 miles from the nearest train station and only one bus that leaves at 8.30am to get to the train station (which means I'd miss the train that would get me to work on time anyway). There are no direct buses from my village to Stevenage, I'd have to go through various villages/towns and change multiple times etc. I could do it but it would take over 3 hours from leaving home to arrive at the office and there are no options at all for a return journey after 5pm.

Even if bus travel was free.... I think I'll keep my car thankyoumuchley... ? ?
Children
No Data