This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Rejoin IET

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Rejoin IET. What is the procedure? My last IET membership payment was in May 2015.
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Cheong Tsoi:

Should I reapply or reinstate my IET membership

You should be able to rejoin.  Did you had EC registration? 

I think you can renew without reaplying for EC registration.  But if 3 years passed than you will need to reaply for registration with EC.

The rules state rejoin  

Give them a call. If you paid a membership fee in May 2015 you covered 2015 - 2016, so your membership was till May 2016.

May 2016 to May 2017 - passed 1 year, May 2017 to May 2018 passed year 2, and from May 2018 to May 2019 will be year 3.

You got less than 3 months left before laps of 3 years.

So you have till May 2019 to rejoin. So best to reinstate now to allow time for processing etc. 

Moshe. M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Cheong Tsoi:

Should I reapply or reinstate my IET membership

You should be able to rejoin.  Did you had EC registration? 

I think you can renew without reaplying for EC registration.  But if 3 years passed than you will need to reaply for registration with EC.

The rules state rejoin  

Give them a call. If you paid a membership fee in May 2015 you covered 2015 - 2016, so your membership was till May 2016.

May 2016 to May 2017 - passed 1 year, May 2017 to May 2018 passed year 2, and from May 2018 to May 2019 will be year 3.

You got less than 3 months left before laps of 3 years.

So you have till May 2019 to rejoin. So best to reinstate now to allow time for processing etc. 

Moshe. M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

Children
No Data