This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IEng Interview Presentation

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good afternoon All,

I've been informed of the date for my IEng interview - but i've got just one area i am unsure about, and that's the 15 minute presentation i've to provide at the start of this interview.

I've tried looking all over the internet for examples of interview presentations, just to get a feel for the sort of "look" they should have, and what balance of text/images, and details of text written on them.

Does anyone know of any examples online? I just want to make sure i get the structure and level of detail / infomation etc correct. I don't want it to end up looking over technical, or missing the type of infomation the interviewers would want to see.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Lee.
Parents
  • Hi Lee,

There is a video on IET.tv that explains the basics of the interview: https://www.theiet.org/career/professional-registration/getting-help-with-your-application/your-professional-review-interview/ along with the guidance notes.

We suggest a STAR model response, that is Situation, Task, Action, Result - as this can help you to structure the presentation to explain the A & B competences, which is what you should focus on.  I would recommend one or two technical projects/solutions that you have worked on rather than a general career discussion as well, as this is what the interviewers will be looking for.

You don't have to use powerpoint, although many people do, and if you can bring a visual into the interview this can help explain what you are doing in a more tangible sense which often helps.

Hopefully that will give you a few hints on places to start.

• Hi Lee,

There is a video on IET.tv that explains the basics of the interview: https://www.theiet.org/career/professional-registration/getting-help-with-your-application/your-professional-review-interview/ along with the guidance notes.

We suggest a STAR model response, that is Situation, Task, Action, Result - as this can help you to structure the presentation to explain the A & B competences, which is what you should focus on.  I would recommend one or two technical projects/solutions that you have worked on rather than a general career discussion as well, as this is what the interviewers will be looking for.

You don't have to use powerpoint, although many people do, and if you can bring a visual into the interview this can help explain what you are doing in a more tangible sense which often helps.

Hopefully that will give you a few hints on places to start.

Children
No Data