This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IEng Interview Presentation

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good afternoon All,

I've been informed of the date for my IEng interview - but i've got just one area i am unsure about, and that's the 15 minute presentation i've to provide at the start of this interview.

I've tried looking all over the internet for examples of interview presentations, just to get a feel for the sort of "look" they should have, and what balance of text/images, and details of text written on them.

Does anyone know of any examples online? I just want to make sure i get the structure and level of detail / infomation etc correct. I don't want it to end up looking over technical, or missing the type of infomation the interviewers would want to see.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Lee.
Parents
  • Lee - first thing is not to stress about it. It is not a death-by-powerpoint exercise, but a focal point for you to present and discuss a piece of work that you are proud of.

The real purpose is for you to pick a piece of work you substantively worked on that helps get over your A&B competencies particularly ... just think 4, may 5 slides - not too busy.. just top level that allow you to talk.

what is the problem

what was my approach

what options and technical judgement did I take

what was the result

what did I learn

Lots of scope to bring in section C D & E material to support (planning, communications, Safety etc)

It is not meant to be an ordeal, but to help you relax by talking about something you are very familiar with and proud of.

Good luck
  • Lee - first thing is not to stress about it. It is not a death-by-powerpoint exercise, but a focal point for you to present and discuss a piece of work that you are proud of.

The real purpose is for you to pick a piece of work you substantively worked on that helps get over your A&B competencies particularly ... just think 4, may 5 slides - not too busy.. just top level that allow you to talk.

what is the problem

what was my approach

what options and technical judgement did I take

what was the result

what did I learn

Lots of scope to bring in section C D & E material to support (planning, communications, Safety etc)

It is not meant to be an ordeal, but to help you relax by talking about something you are very familiar with and proud of.

Good luck
Children
No Data