This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Transcripts

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good evening. 

Before to write this topic, I passed through the forum but I did not find what I am looking for. 

I'm working on my Ceng application and I know I have to provide education certificate and transcripts.

I would like to know:

1 - what are transcripts exactly?

2 - My education certificate has to be official translate, in case it is not in English?

Thank you for your help.
Parents
  • Andrea,

Transcripts - A very good question and one I was asked only a couple of weeks ago and couldn't answer at the time, but was able to find out.

When you are awarded a degree you receive a certificate which is the evidence of the award. However there are instances where you need some evidence of your academic achievements prior to the award of the degree (e.g. you are applying for a job and have an interview, or even start a job, before the Graduation Ceremony) so you don't have the Certificate but can apply to the University for an official 'Transcript' which will identify the marks achieved in the modules so far completed. I believe the official name is 'Education Transcript' and if you do an on-line search for this title you will find a reasonable amount of information about it.

In terms of Registration it will not normally apply, but could be relevant if you are doing a post-graduate degree (e.g. PhD) or in some other instances I can think of, but will be far from usual.

With regard to the degree certificate not being in English, this is a question you should ask directly to the Registration and Standards group at IET. My personal feeling is that the original is what is important, and if you provide your own unofficial translation to help it will be appreciated, but as I say, that is only my opinion.

Best wishes for your application.

Alasdair
  • Andrea,

Transcripts - A very good question and one I was asked only a couple of weeks ago and couldn't answer at the time, but was able to find out.

When you are awarded a degree you receive a certificate which is the evidence of the award. However there are instances where you need some evidence of your academic achievements prior to the award of the degree (e.g. you are applying for a job and have an interview, or even start a job, before the Graduation Ceremony) so you don't have the Certificate but can apply to the University for an official 'Transcript' which will identify the marks achieved in the modules so far completed. I believe the official name is 'Education Transcript' and if you do an on-line search for this title you will find a reasonable amount of information about it.

In terms of Registration it will not normally apply, but could be relevant if you are doing a post-graduate degree (e.g. PhD) or in some other instances I can think of, but will be far from usual.

With regard to the degree certificate not being in English, this is a question you should ask directly to the Registration and Standards group at IET. My personal feeling is that the original is what is important, and if you provide your own unofficial translation to help it will be appreciated, but as I say, that is only my opinion.

Best wishes for your application.

Alasdair
Children
No Data