This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Transcripts

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good evening. 

Before to write this topic, I passed through the forum but I did not find what I am looking for. 

I'm working on my Ceng application and I know I have to provide education certificate and transcripts.

I would like to know:

1 - what are transcripts exactly?

2 - My education certificate has to be official translate, in case it is not in English?

Thank you for your help.
Parents
  • Andrea, your record of study not just the certificate.  I don't think an official translation is required, although some people have one for other reasons. I expect that the IET staff would only request something like that, if they felt that it was necessary. They will be concerned to ensure that whatever you send in is a genuine copy. They also want to give your qualification any additional value that it may deserve under Engineering Council rules. The rules around what counts as a "standard route" qualification are quite detailed. I don't think there is much point in trying to explain this, since you can't change what you studied ,but in some circumstances degrees are only accredited with specific modules, if elements were passed at the first attempt ,if grades were above a certain level etc. 

Fortunately the IET will assess your career achievement as a whole in accordance with UK-SPEC, but it has to report to Engineering Council (and is audited) on the basis of who has a "standard" qualification and who is "individual". This was discussed in the thread   CEng registration route help - individual route needed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcript_(education)

• Andrea, your record of study not just the certificate.  I don't think an official translation is required, although some people have one for other reasons. I expect that the IET staff would only request something like that, if they felt that it was necessary. They will be concerned to ensure that whatever you send in is a genuine copy. They also want to give your qualification any additional value that it may deserve under Engineering Council rules. The rules around what counts as a "standard route" qualification are quite detailed. I don't think there is much point in trying to explain this, since you can't change what you studied ,but in some circumstances degrees are only accredited with specific modules, if elements were passed at the first attempt ,if grades were above a certain level etc. 

Fortunately the IET will assess your career achievement as a whole in accordance with UK-SPEC, but it has to report to Engineering Council (and is audited) on the basis of who has a "standard" qualification and who is "individual". This was discussed in the thread   CEng registration route help - individual route needed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcript_(education)

Children
No Data