This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Should I retire?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I was a graduate in HD in 1992 and a BEng in 1995. I also got an MBA in 2004. I have been working in the engineering industry since 1992 and with 26+ years of experience. Should I retire now or in 5 to 10 years? What do you think?
Parents
  • Regardless of prior successes or failures.

Do you enjoy the work that you do?

Do you enjoy the subject matter that you have trained for and continue to be excited by the future developments ?

Do you see yourself in the process of helping others into your interests?

There is a serious shortage of teachers and lecturers in this country, that leads me to ask do you live in the UK or elsewhere?

Of course, there is always the case of family responsibilities. I suppose something else to consider.

Legh
  • Regardless of prior successes or failures.

Do you enjoy the work that you do?

Do you enjoy the subject matter that you have trained for and continue to be excited by the future developments ?

Do you see yourself in the process of helping others into your interests?

There is a serious shortage of teachers and lecturers in this country, that leads me to ask do you live in the UK or elsewhere?

Of course, there is always the case of family responsibilities. I suppose something else to consider.

Legh
Children
No Data