This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Help from the Community requested....

Hi everyone

I have recently gained my CEng and volunteered to be the industry representative at Gartner UK.  I was wondering if any of you could advise on an approach to kick starting my role within Gartner Consulting?

I was thinking of arranging some 'brown bag lunches/lunch and learn/drop-in sessions' for our consultants so that they can come and find out what the IET is all about.  To do this though I would need some marketing material (which I gather I can order) and probably a greater in-depth understanding of the IET offer.  Are there any individuals in the Egham, Surrey area that could assist in a small event or just meet with me to help steer me in the right direction?

To keep in line with the INSPIRE - INFORM - INFLUENCE moto, I believe my role is to do the following:

- INSPIRE: inform colleagues who the IET is; why they should join the IET; and the benefits of joining

- INFORM: inform colleagues of the application process and facilitate help from other volunteer colleauges who do this regularly

- INFLUENCE: help broaden opinion amongst the IT consultant community that being a member of the IET is a good thing!!

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction

Yours

An eager volunteer

Parents
  • Hi, sorry, just seen this thread :)

We have an active local network in the Surrey area who I am sure would be happy to talk to you and give you advice. The can be contact at surreyln@ietvolunteer.org.
  • Hi, sorry, just seen this thread :)

We have an active local network in the Surrey area who I am sure would be happy to talk to you and give you advice. The can be contact at surreyln@ietvolunteer.org.
Children
No Data