This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Trains to Glasgow to have 'chat carriages' this Friday

So, is this your ideal trip or your worst nightmare - chatting to strangers on the train - and will this idea take off?

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/trains-glasgow-chat-carriages-friday-16426104

All I can say is that I am glad my next trip is on Tuesday!
Parents
  • I have been known on many occasions to strike up conversations with complete strangers while on public transportation.... ? Sometimes the chat is reciprocated and other times met with absolute terror... ? 

I've found the best formula involves never asking anything that would involve the other party divulging anything personal (where they live etc) as that can scare some people, and to leave the ego at the door and make fun of yourself as it puts others at ease.... ?
  • I have been known on many occasions to strike up conversations with complete strangers while on public transportation.... ? Sometimes the chat is reciprocated and other times met with absolute terror... ? 

I've found the best formula involves never asking anything that would involve the other party divulging anything personal (where they live etc) as that can scare some people, and to leave the ego at the door and make fun of yourself as it puts others at ease.... ?
Children
No Data