This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Trains to Glasgow to have 'chat carriages' this Friday

So, is this your ideal trip or your worst nightmare - chatting to strangers on the train - and will this idea take off?

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/trains-glasgow-chat-carriages-friday-16426104

All I can say is that I am glad my next trip is on Tuesday!
Parents
  • Mind you, I got hoist by my own petard yesterday on what felt like a very long train journey from London to Taunton...there's a difference between on the one hand having a chat, and on the other sharing a coach with someone (about 5 rows away) who wants the the whole carriage to hear that "I like to have a laugh, that's just me that is, that's what I'm like, me I can't stand people who can't have a bit of a laugh". I'd love to know how to calm people down in these situations without risking getting thumped! (Just getting the volume down, he wasn't being deliberately unpleasant at all, just - ahem - overexcited.)  Ideas on a postcard please...

Cheers,

Andy
  • Mind you, I got hoist by my own petard yesterday on what felt like a very long train journey from London to Taunton...there's a difference between on the one hand having a chat, and on the other sharing a coach with someone (about 5 rows away) who wants the the whole carriage to hear that "I like to have a laugh, that's just me that is, that's what I'm like, me I can't stand people who can't have a bit of a laugh". I'd love to know how to calm people down in these situations without risking getting thumped! (Just getting the volume down, he wasn't being deliberately unpleasant at all, just - ahem - overexcited.)  Ideas on a postcard please...

Cheers,

Andy
Children
No Data