This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Professional Status of CISCO "Engineers" and the IET.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
The IET is a Scam-according to the CISCO "Engineers"!..
https://etherealmind.com/iet-cisco-engineers/
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Roy Bowdler:
    Sorry for the spelling typo in the previous post.

The IET has a team of people who ensure that membership requirements are met and for Engineering Council Registration there is a very thorough process subjected to layers of external audit.  Membership of the IET is open to anyone, although there are rules about the different categories, such as TMIET and MIET.

I have no information about what the IEE did in 2003.  However, I can confirm that member number of 324 of The Society of Telegraph-Engineers and Electricians was admitted in February 1885, having been proposed by three members. He was described as a “well known inventor”.  This person subsequently became friendly with Sir William Thomson (Later Lord Kelvin) who subsequently recommended him to ICE and IMechE on a similar basis. Incidentally this person left formal education at the age of 10 to become a Foundry Apprentice. I saw an Audi TV advert last evening on TV  which said “we didn’t invent the electric car”, which is true because in a rechargeable form, our member (probably) did.

What happened in 2003 is clearly currently relevant in certain contexts, like professional registration, because most registrants were admitted before then and many new applicants have qualifications and experience from an earlier time. However it may be some time before historians want to seek out 2003 IEE membership applications from an archive, assuming that you become famous. ?      

https://archive.org/details/journalsocietyt01unkngoog/page/n6

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Roy Bowdler:
    Sorry for the spelling typo in the previous post.

The IET has a team of people who ensure that membership requirements are met and for Engineering Council Registration there is a very thorough process subjected to layers of external audit.  Membership of the IET is open to anyone, although there are rules about the different categories, such as TMIET and MIET.

I have no information about what the IEE did in 2003.  However, I can confirm that member number of 324 of The Society of Telegraph-Engineers and Electricians was admitted in February 1885, having been proposed by three members. He was described as a “well known inventor”.  This person subsequently became friendly with Sir William Thomson (Later Lord Kelvin) who subsequently recommended him to ICE and IMechE on a similar basis. Incidentally this person left formal education at the age of 10 to become a Foundry Apprentice. I saw an Audi TV advert last evening on TV  which said “we didn’t invent the electric car”, which is true because in a rechargeable form, our member (probably) did.

What happened in 2003 is clearly currently relevant in certain contexts, like professional registration, because most registrants were admitted before then and many new applicants have qualifications and experience from an earlier time. However it may be some time before historians want to seek out 2003 IEE membership applications from an archive, assuming that you become famous. ?      

https://archive.org/details/journalsocietyt01unkngoog/page/n6

Children
No Data