This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day in 1981: Launch of the Sinclair ZX81

Okay, own up.... Who had a Sinclair ZX81 and what was the first thing you programmed on it...? ? Keyboard
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I had a ZX Spectrum and used an audio cassette to store programmes. I did not even have a colour television to use as a monitor - had to use a small b/w tv. My first programme was a very basic assembler which I used to do simple animations - very simple!

Unfortunately I did a clearout some years ago and gave it to charity in its original box. I am sorry now.

I also had a Sinclair programmable calculator which allowed for a programme of 50 key clicks (one key click was one step in the programme).

Was very proud of myself when I programmed the calculator to do the factorial function - it just fitted in 50 steps! There was no way to store the programme for transmission to the calculator, so I had to write it down on paper and type it in if I wanted to run it. So only a geek like myself would bother writing a 50 step programme for this device!!

I still have this calculator.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I had a ZX Spectrum and used an audio cassette to store programmes. I did not even have a colour television to use as a monitor - had to use a small b/w tv. My first programme was a very basic assembler which I used to do simple animations - very simple!

Unfortunately I did a clearout some years ago and gave it to charity in its original box. I am sorry now.

I also had a Sinclair programmable calculator which allowed for a programme of 50 key clicks (one key click was one step in the programme).

Was very proud of myself when I programmed the calculator to do the factorial function - it just fitted in 50 steps! There was no way to store the programme for transmission to the calculator, so I had to write it down on paper and type it in if I wanted to run it. So only a geek like myself would bother writing a 50 step programme for this device!!

I still have this calculator.

Children
No Data