This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day in 1981: Launch of the Sinclair ZX81

Okay, own up.... Who had a Sinclair ZX81 and what was the first thing you programmed on it...? ? Keyboard
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    When the ZX81 was introduced, it was also made available in kit form. The components could be purchased from Sinclair.

Having purchased a kit, I built a Sinclair ZX81 computer and realized that it needed a printer and a 16K RAM Pack.

I found the Keyboard a little awkward to use and decided to build the complete package into a self-contained unit.

I also purchased a Keyboard Kit from Maplin and fitted it with the ZX81 Computer, Printer and RAM Pack into the unit.

One can find more details including the Keyboard Circuit Diagram on my Website: www.g3ngd.freevar.com/zx81.html

The first Programming I did was: Antennas & Feeders using ZX81; Resonant Frequency of a Tuned Circuit using ZX81;

Winding Single Layer Coils using ZX81; Radio Range calculations; Designing Meters (Multipliers and Shunts).

My software was published in a "Computing in Radio Special Supplement (ZX81)" in Practical Wireless Magazine - December 1983.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    When the ZX81 was introduced, it was also made available in kit form. The components could be purchased from Sinclair.

Having purchased a kit, I built a Sinclair ZX81 computer and realized that it needed a printer and a 16K RAM Pack.

I found the Keyboard a little awkward to use and decided to build the complete package into a self-contained unit.

I also purchased a Keyboard Kit from Maplin and fitted it with the ZX81 Computer, Printer and RAM Pack into the unit.

One can find more details including the Keyboard Circuit Diagram on my Website: www.g3ngd.freevar.com/zx81.html

The first Programming I did was: Antennas & Feeders using ZX81; Resonant Frequency of a Tuned Circuit using ZX81;

Winding Single Layer Coils using ZX81; Radio Range calculations; Designing Meters (Multipliers and Shunts).

My software was published in a "Computing in Radio Special Supplement (ZX81)" in Practical Wireless Magazine - December 1983.

Children
No Data