This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

On this Day in 1981: Launch of the Sinclair ZX81

Okay, own up.... Who had a Sinclair ZX81 and what was the first thing you programmed on it...? ? Keyboard
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I worked for a start-up called Electrak and wrote a program to forecast various component quantities in given installations for manufacturing runs.

I had the thermal printer for output but unfortunately that faded with time so I no longer have a copy.

I had a black and white TV on my desk for a monitor, and when I was off one day, my boss 'borrowed it' to  watch at home!

It was a fantastic intro to programming which led to my running a small business using a Commodrore 64 with 2 disk drives attached.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I worked for a start-up called Electrak and wrote a program to forecast various component quantities in given installations for manufacturing runs.

I had the thermal printer for output but unfortunately that faded with time so I no longer have a copy.

I had a black and white TV on my desk for a monitor, and when I was off one day, my boss 'borrowed it' to  watch at home!

It was a fantastic intro to programming which led to my running a small business using a Commodrore 64 with 2 disk drives attached.
Children
No Data