This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

FIET

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I was AMIEE in 1995, and a CEng MIEE in 2002. I have a HND in 1992, a BEng in 1995, and an MBA in 2004. I have 26+ years of engineering experience. Am I qualified to apply for FIET. I am only a manager in a small company. I do not held senior post such as director or general manager. What do you think? Any views are welcome?
Parents
  • Difficult to say, as FIET is completely independent of CEng and other qualifications. You need to have a look at the web-page on Fellowship at https://www.theiet.org/membership/becoming-a-member/join-the-iet/fellow-membership/  and see if you fulfil at least two of the nine fellowship criteria. That page states:

"You’ll need to complete an application form that demonstrates that you fulfil at least two of the nine Fellowship criteria: creativity, enterprise, innovation, insight and experience, leadership, repute, responsibility, service, and influence and contribution"

Being a manager in a small company may help to meet the leadership or responsibility (or both) criteria, but you also need to have been doing it for five years.

Alasdair
  • Difficult to say, as FIET is completely independent of CEng and other qualifications. You need to have a look at the web-page on Fellowship at https://www.theiet.org/membership/becoming-a-member/join-the-iet/fellow-membership/  and see if you fulfil at least two of the nine fellowship criteria. That page states:

"You’ll need to complete an application form that demonstrates that you fulfil at least two of the nine Fellowship criteria: creativity, enterprise, innovation, insight and experience, leadership, repute, responsibility, service, and influence and contribution"

Being a manager in a small company may help to meet the leadership or responsibility (or both) criteria, but you also need to have been doing it for five years.

Alasdair
Children
No Data