This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

London Electric Vehicle Chargers Proposal.

How many?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-7150191/London-need-50-000-public-electric-car-chargers-2025.html

Z.
Parents
  • My local shopping mall has over 6000 parking spaces. Many other supermarkets here have 500 spaces or more. A local one has 16 fuel pump spaces and has permanent queues although "charging" only takes a few minutes, probably 200 cars an hour at least. Are you having some kind of joke? Fundamentally the problem with electric cars is that fueling is unsupported by the available infrastructure, and that building it is fearfully expensive. The case for electric cars is very weak anyway, and could perhaps make a temperature difference of a couple of hundreths of a degree, even if the climate lobby is entirely correct in its estimations, and no fossil fuels are used for electricity generation, which at present does not have a technical solution even if we went entirely nuclear. I repeat the question, who pays?
  • My local shopping mall has over 6000 parking spaces. Many other supermarkets here have 500 spaces or more. A local one has 16 fuel pump spaces and has permanent queues although "charging" only takes a few minutes, probably 200 cars an hour at least. Are you having some kind of joke? Fundamentally the problem with electric cars is that fueling is unsupported by the available infrastructure, and that building it is fearfully expensive. The case for electric cars is very weak anyway, and could perhaps make a temperature difference of a couple of hundreths of a degree, even if the climate lobby is entirely correct in its estimations, and no fossil fuels are used for electricity generation, which at present does not have a technical solution even if we went entirely nuclear. I repeat the question, who pays?
Children
No Data