This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

London Electric Vehicle Chargers Proposal.

How many?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-7150191/London-need-50-000-public-electric-car-chargers-2025.html

Z.
Parents
  • I suspect everyone who wants to live on the planet pays. It would be a more convincing direction of travel if we could first manage to finish electrifying the railways - after all we started electrification in about 1890 with electricity on the underground in London. I suspect from the quality of the ride the last time I was there that some of the original.hardware  may still be in use ?

Similarly the idea of electric lorries at megawatts each is a hard way to do things - train based transport for freight, and then to smaller machines for local delivery would make more sense, however to do next day delivery that would require a degree of slickness that rail freight seems incapable of managing these days - which is odd when you consider we could do first class post next day to the other end of the country in 24hrs with steam trains.
  • I suspect everyone who wants to live on the planet pays. It would be a more convincing direction of travel if we could first manage to finish electrifying the railways - after all we started electrification in about 1890 with electricity on the underground in London. I suspect from the quality of the ride the last time I was there that some of the original.hardware  may still be in use ?

Similarly the idea of electric lorries at megawatts each is a hard way to do things - train based transport for freight, and then to smaller machines for local delivery would make more sense, however to do next day delivery that would require a degree of slickness that rail freight seems incapable of managing these days - which is odd when you consider we could do first class post next day to the other end of the country in 24hrs with steam trains.
Children
No Data