This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

London Electric Vehicle Chargers Proposal.

How many?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-7150191/London-need-50-000-public-electric-car-chargers-2025.html

Z.
Parents

• mapj1:

It would be a more convincing direction of travel if we could first manage to finish electrifying the railways ...

Which made me think.

Large numbers of people drive to railway stations where they leave their cars parked all day, so let's electrify station car parks.

I doubt that many people drive more than 10 miles to a station, so that's a 20 mile round trip which uses 4 kWh @ 5 mi/kWh. 4 kWh over 8 hours = 0.5 kW, which requires about 2 A per car.

Who pays? A premium of 10 p/kWh would generate a revenue of 40 p/day or about £100/year (250 weekdays). If that is not enough, add a little to the price of the parking spaces; or perhaps add it anyway and pretend that the electricity is free. ?

It doesn't solve the overall problem, but it would contribute.

• mapj1:

It would be a more convincing direction of travel if we could first manage to finish electrifying the railways ...

Which made me think.

Large numbers of people drive to railway stations where they leave their cars parked all day, so let's electrify station car parks.

I doubt that many people drive more than 10 miles to a station, so that's a 20 mile round trip which uses 4 kWh @ 5 mi/kWh. 4 kWh over 8 hours = 0.5 kW, which requires about 2 A per car.

Who pays? A premium of 10 p/kWh would generate a revenue of 40 p/day or about £100/year (250 weekdays). If that is not enough, add a little to the price of the parking spaces; or perhaps add it anyway and pretend that the electricity is free. ?

It doesn't solve the overall problem, but it would contribute.

Children
No Data