This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Lubricant for BS1363 sockets?

Ever had a problem trying to plug into a garden socket and had to exert more force than you would have liked to?  I think sometimes the plastic components don't slide as easily as they should when they have been in the weather (inside a proper outdoor enclosure)

Can anyone suggest a safe plastic lubricant for a BS1363 socket?
Parents
  • I would never lubricate the sliding contacts of a socket. I would renew it with a good quality one. Lubricants will attract and hold dirt and grit which will cause a high resistance contact point and increase wear. WD40 is a good cleaner but not a good lubricant. The M.K. outdoor sockets are good quality. Of course the 13 Amp plug pins may be out of spec. and may be the cause of the problem.

Z.
  • I would never lubricate the sliding contacts of a socket. I would renew it with a good quality one. Lubricants will attract and hold dirt and grit which will cause a high resistance contact point and increase wear. WD40 is a good cleaner but not a good lubricant. The M.K. outdoor sockets are good quality. Of course the 13 Amp plug pins may be out of spec. and may be the cause of the problem.

Z.
Children
No Data