This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Trying to start my Career, Would appreciate some advice and guidance if possible?

Hello, first time posting on here. I have been a member for a fair few years but now I want to build my professional career. I really want to go down the design side of things, I graduated last year with a MEng in Electronic Engineering with a first and even won an award. I was almost instantly given a role and being a fresh faced graduate I didn't even blink when accepting it. Fast forward 6 months and the position was a sales position and not technical in the slightest. I handed in my notice and started applying for other positions whilst trying to attain my Prince2 qualification. 

I am from the Birmingham area of the UK, is it feasible for me to stay round here or will I have to relocate? and if it is possible would anyone here know of any particular good companies that are known for graduate development and long term commitment? I am looking for something along the lines of automotive hopefully, I know continental are near by and have an application with them but in the back of my mind I imagine it will fail due to me not being a fresh graduate, I have tried jaguar land rover but they have no opputinities at the moment. Would anyone be able to recommend anything in particular?
Parents Reply Children
No Data