This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

EC event for our Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes

Former Community Member
Former Community Member

Engineering Council

We're running an event for our Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes (AHEP) consultation - would be great to see a wide range of engineering academics there to discuss all aspects of the next version of AHEP. 10.30am-3pm, Wednesday 24 July at Middlesex University (Hendon) Please email accreditation@engc.org.uk ASAP to register. De Montfort University, Cranfield University, Buckinghamshire New University, Brunel University London, Birmingham City University, Birkbeck, University of London, Aston University, University of Kent, University of Canterbury, Heriot-Watt University, Durham University
Parents

•  From the draft of the proposed new version, as I can can see there are no substantive changes from the previous edition. The EC summary of changes document states, inter alia

1. Greater clarity between IEng and CEng. The requirements for IEng and CEng have been clarified, specifically:

• -  Differentiating between IEng and CEng, principally at competences A and B (for example, A2 (CEng) emphasises technical complexity and level of risk).

2. -  Closer alignment between the requirements for competence C, recognising that the management/leadership requirements are more similar than they are different.

From my comparison of the documents there is more explanation of the differences in competencies A and B between IEng and CEng. Specifically that IEng is clearly set at a much lower level and more narrowly based than CEng. In terms of competency C, I can't see any difference from the previous version, part from a little reordering of text. From an IEng perspective it looks a bit of a stitch up.

I agree with Roy's viewpoint, but I suspect there will very few changes from the current draft.

•  From the draft of the proposed new version, as I can can see there are no substantive changes from the previous edition. The EC summary of changes document states, inter alia

1. Greater clarity between IEng and CEng. The requirements for IEng and CEng have been clarified, specifically:

• -  Differentiating between IEng and CEng, principally at competences A and B (for example, A2 (CEng) emphasises technical complexity and level of risk).

2. -  Closer alignment between the requirements for competence C, recognising that the management/leadership requirements are more similar than they are different.

From my comparison of the documents there is more explanation of the differences in competencies A and B between IEng and CEng. Specifically that IEng is clearly set at a much lower level and more narrowly based than CEng. In terms of competency C, I can't see any difference from the previous version, part from a little reordering of text. From an IEng perspective it looks a bit of a stitch up.

I agree with Roy's viewpoint, but I suspect there will very few changes from the current draft.
Children
No Data